Everyone says how kids grow up so fast. No one says this about blogs. Blogs usually sputter and fade over the months and years, unlike a growing human who, at five years old, would be wholeheartedly (or halfheartedly) attending soccer practice when she’s not at kindergarten or hanging out with Amy, her first BFF. (Although, seriously, Amy can be kinda bratty sometimes and WILL NOT share her Legos, and, honestly, her Elsa costume this year was just ew.*)
Anyway, odd tangential commentary aside, Broccoli and Chocolate celebrates its fifth year this November, and these are the things I have to say about it:
- Food is still awesome.
- I love writing things, even if my mom is the only person who reads them.
- I have 84 followers as of this moment; it’s really nice of my mom to open so many email accounts just for me.
- This post will be my 215th. That’s an average of one post published every 8.5 days over the last five years.
- I currently have 63,558 page views. That’s an average of 34.8 views per day over the last five years.
So, moving forward to year six, here are my hopes and dreams:
- Launch my new and improved site that’s been in the works for the last few months… yeay!
- Post more food news, events, and giveaways, in addition to restaurant reviews.
- Perhaps branch out to interviews or more exclusive coverage of food-related stuffs? I’m kinda spitballing at this point.
- Any suggestions, readers (mom)?
Thanks for the past five years; I look forward to year six!
*Apparently this 5 year old has a highly developed bitchiary gland.