Say that three times fast.
I sort of hate when people tell me to say something three times fast, so I apologize.
Ok, Pesto Pita Pizzas. Are surprisingly delicious. Hence, they make it to my blog. You may have noticed that I don’t love to cook very much, but Tami made these for a few friends and me the other night and I just had to bring them home. And by “bring them home” I mean drive to Trader Joe’s and buy the ingredients for myself.
PPPs require four ingredients from Trader Joes:
- Whole Wheat Middle Eastern Flatbread
- Genova Pesto
- Pecorino Romano Cheese
- Cherry Tomatoes
I added that last one myself. See? I’m such a chef.
What I love about this is that it’s ridiculously simple yet disproportionately delicious as compared to the required effort.
- Heat oven to Broil.
- Lay pitas out.
- Cover with a lot of pesto. A lot.
- Put three or so thin slices of Romano on each pita.
- Cut tomatoes as you see fit and place desired amount of on each slice.
- Put sheet in oven for, like, ten minutes or something. Until the breads bubble up.
- Take out before something catches fire.
I like this because it’s open to interpretation. And hence forgiving to errors. Anyway, when they’re done, they are delicious and warm. The cheese is super salty and a little bit goes a long way. The pesto is surprisingly delicious for pre-made food, and the tomato is there to pretend that this is healthy in some way.
Simple, fast, delicious. I <3 pesto pita pizzas.